Nanshan Ski Resort
The largest ski resort in Beijing with the most advanced facilities in China
For great skiing and snowboarding resorts, the one and only best place in Beijing is Nanshan Ski Resort, which generally open in late November or early December, when outdoor temperatures drop to below 5C
The Nanshan Ski Resort, covering an area of over 4,000 mu have everything you may need for a great skiing experience…including a hi-tech snowmaking system and 12 snowmaking machines, 2 snow groomers from Austria, a quadruple chair lift, a double chair lift, 11 beginners’ drag lifts, and a seasons toboggan run (with 1,318 meter-long) from Germany. There are also the snow amusements such as the Cable Hang-glider, snow sledges from Canada, equipment rentals, restaurants etc.
Theres always something here for everyone, from beginner skiers, intermediate skiers, advanced skiers, snowboarders, snow tubers, water skiers, glass skiers and gliding.
Nanshan Resort provides a top rated skiing school of more than 70 excellent instructors providing lessons for beginners and intermediate skiers. The snowboard school introduced the LTR system from Burton, USA. The cooperation partner of Austria Snowboard Association (ASA) —Austria-China Snowboard Educational Institution has established Nanshan International Snowboarding School led by international skiing instructor from Austria.
Location: Shengshuitou Village, Henanzhai Town, Miyun County, Beijing.Around 2 hours drive away from the city. Tel: 010 84286688 64450990
Operating Time: 08:00-17:30
How to get there
- You can choose from two different bus routes from Beijing Capital International or Express 980 buses from the Dongzhimen Bus Station.
- By Taxi which is a little bit expensive.
Tips for Skiers/Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Skiing equipments and clothes for rentals needs a deposit of CNY200 /set and CNY 20 per suit respectively.
Those willing to stay for the night Shirton Inn(log cabin) and Norwegian Villa are the best.