11 Days Sichuan Explore
Price per person from $2187
- This price is based on a group (2 to 5 travelers) accommodated in 3-star hotel in shoulder seasons.
- This price is subject to change according your group members and traveling time. Usually lower price with more travelers, higher price in high seasons, and lower in low seasons.
- Tour Length:
- 11 days & 10 nights
- Departure Date:
- Available Everyday
- Private tour guide & driver + Private car/van
- Known for its landscape and legendary Buddhist sites, Sichuan - this mountain kingdom will certainly delight all who visit. It has three places on the UNESCO World Cultural and World Heritage lists; Nine Villages Valley (Jiuzhaigou), Huanglong Valley and Mt. Emei. The name Jiuzhaigou refers to the nine Tibetan villages that are situated within the valley. Huanglong Valley has some of the most stunning scenery in the world and Mt. Emei is regarded as one of Buddhism’s most sacred and China’s most remarkable mountains.
Day 1 Chengdu Arrival
Welcome to Chengdu, the hometown of the cute Pandas. Upon arrival, you’ll be met and picked up by your local tour guide and driver, and transferred to your hotel in Chengdu.
The rest of today is free for you to discover the leisure city on your own.
Day 2 Chengdu – Leshan- Mount E’mei (B, L)
Today, you’ll be driven to explore Leshan’s Grand Buddha, an enormous statue carved into the side of the Lingyun Mountain. The Buddha is over 71m tall and is wide enough for more than 100 people to sit between its feet. Take a short boat trip to view the statue from the Minjiang River. In the afternoon, driven to Mt. E’mei, one of Buddhism’s most sacred and China’s most impressive mountains. When arrival, visit the Baoguo Temple. At last, have rest in your hotel.
Day 3 Mt. E’mei – Zigong (B, L)
The Mount E’mei exploration begins today. Local legend has it that the mountain’s name is derived from two peaks that face each other, resembling eyebrows. Most of the monasteries and temples on Mt. Emei were built during the Eastern Han Dynasty (25- 220AD), whilst others were added later. As a well-known Buddhist sanctuary, Mt. Emei once had more than 100 monasteries. First, take the cable car to visit the Wannian Temple, and walk around to enjoy the beauty of the Qingyin Pavilion. After experiencing the natural wonder of A Thread of Sky, you will go down the mountain. In the afternoon, driven to Zigong and have rest in your hotel.
Day 4 Zigong– Dazu (B, L)
Today visit Zigong Salt History Museum. It exhibits over 1,300 different implements including a complete set of over 500 drilling tools, most of which are exceptionally advanced for their time. They present not only the prosperity of Zigong’s salt making industry, but also the wisdom and engineering skills of the indigenous Chinese people. Then driven to Dazu.
Day 5 Dazu-Chengdu (B, L)
This morning view the Baodin Stone Carvings, dating from the Tang Dynasty to the Song Dynasty, and then travelling back to Chengdu.
Day 6 Chengdu-Mianyang (B, L)
This morning you will visit the Panda Research Centre to see these endearing animals being reared in surroundings reminiscent of their natural habitat. You will also visit the Sanxingdui Museum. In the afternoon, driven to Mianyang.
Day 7 Mianyang – Nine Villages Valley ( B, L )
Travel to the breathtaking Nine Villages Valley (Jiuzhaigou), a botanical gallery that is heavily forested and home to many protected species. Enjoy the Tibetan Qiang style scenery en route. Stay in the valley for two nights to further explore its beauty.
Day 8 Nine Villages Valley (B, L)
Today is the all day tour for your Nine Villages Valley (Jiuzhaigou). Entering the valley is like being transported into a different world, where crystal clear lakes gather at the foot of every waterfall. It is as if one of the world’s most beautiful silk scroll paintings unfolds along this scenic valley.
Day 9 Nine Villages Valley – Huanglong – Mao County (B, L)
Today you will be driven to visit the Huanglong National Park (without cable car). In the afternoon, driven to the Mao County, visit Songpan Old Town en route.
Day 10 Mao County – Chengdu (B, L)
First linger around the Tibetan Village, experience the local customs and culture. Then driven to Chengdu, visit Taoping Qiang Village en route.
Day 11 Chengdu Departure ( B )
Free activities today first, then you’ll be escorted to the Chengdu airport for your flight back to home or next destination.
- Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary;
- 10 Nights hotel accommodations: twin-based room with breakfasts as indicated;
- Meals indicated in the itinerary;
- Personal English-speaking tour guide;
- Private transfers serivce;
- Arrangements: charges of planning, handling, operation and communication.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets;
- Entry Visa Fees;
- Optional day tours or activities you’ve chosen;
- Tips & gratitude to drivers and guides;
- Personal expenses;
Visitors who viewed this tour also viewed
8 Days China Impressions (Beijing, Xian, Shanghai)The Golden route to explore China's cultural & historical essentials in Beijing, Xian & Shanghai.
10 Days China Glories (Beijing, Xian, Guilin, Shanghai)A fantastic tour combines the golden triangle cities and the most beautiful city-Guilin with both cultural and natural highlights of China.
13 Days China Tour with Majestic Yangtze CruiseLifetime China travel experience with a majestic Yangtze Cruise will make you to understanding China in a unique way.
5 Days China Garden and River TourA short trip but with extremly full understanding about traditional elegant beauty of gardens and rivers in the south of China.
11 Days China & Hong Kong TourWith the classic highlights this trip also offere you a chance to see the great east-meets-west culture in Hong Kong.
10 Days China Golden Triangle Tour with Giant PandaAs well as the golden triangle route to Beijing, Xian & Shanghai, this valued tour also give you a chance to get close to lovely Giant pandas in their hometown-Chengdu.
15 Days China & Tibet TourNot only including the most popular destinations in China, but also provides a lifetime experience on discover the holy land-Tibet.