Half Day Beijing Gaobeidian Village Tour
Price per person from $136
- This price is based on a group (2 to 5 travelers) accommodated in 3-star hotel in shoulder seasons.
- This price is subject to change according your group members and traveling time. Usually lower price with more travelers, higher price in high seasons, and lower in low seasons.
- Tour Length:
- Half Day.
- Departure Date:
- Available Everyday.
- Private tour guide & driver + Private car/van
- Explore thousand-year-old village, Gaobeidian, the nearest historical village of Beijing. Experience the real life of local village family, visit the biggest furniture street around China, and learn how to make the furniture as Lu Ban did.
Our tour guide and driver will take you to the closest ancient village in Beijing, Gaobeidian, about half an hour's drive from Beijing center.
It is now more like an urbanized village than a rustic countryside. Most of local landless farmers live on land lease, but still keep the traditional way of life. Have a stroll in the Village and visit the Li Zhi Tang Steles Museum and Temple of Lu Ban. Then visit Gaobeidian 1500 meter-long Classic Furniture Street which holds over 300 traditional classic furniture workshops, learning how to make classic furniture and Chinese culture.
Continue to learn the calligraphy class. Finally visit a local family, joining in making the lunch-dumpling and having lunch with the family. At the end of the tour, transferred back to the hotel down town Beijing.
Recommended Add-on Options
+ One more day to explore the most classic Beijing imperial sites
Firstly you will visit the world's biggest city plaza, Tiananmen Square (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace). Then walk to the marvelous "Egg" (the National Centre for the Performing Arts) to take some pictures from its outside. Subsequently you will move on to the Forbidden City, the most complete imperial palace in China. Afterwards, pay a visit to the Jingshan Park to enjoy the panorama view of the whole Forbidden City and the City of Beijing! After having Chinese lunch, you will marvel at the splendid Summer Palace, the former royal garden, it is the largest and most beautiful Chinese imperial garden.
+ One more day to hike the most beautiful Mutianyu Great Wall and the tombs of Ming Emperors
Today our tour guide will meet you and pick you up from your hotel around 8:00 am. Then drive to the beautiful Mutianyu Great Wall (80km away from Beijing downtown), it is known for its beautiful surroundings. It is a superb location to appreciate the grandness of the Great Wall as well as to avoid the crowds at Badaling. After hiking on the Mutianyu Great Wall for about 1 or 2 hours, then move on to the Ming Tombs(Changling or Dingling) and its Sacred Way. On the way back to your hotel, you may make a stop at the Beijing Olympic Village to take some pictures of the world-famed "Bird’s Nest" and the "Water Cube" from the outside.
+ One more day to experience a real Hutong life and an intimate contact with Giant Panda
Today firstly you will take a rickshaw to visit the most famous Hutongs keeping the original layout in the Gulou area. During this Hutong Tour You will visit a local family and experience what their life is like. Lunch will be arranged at a local family. If you like, you can learn to cook some Chinese dumplings by yourself. Then continue to the Beijing Zoo to visit the lovely pandas. After lunch in a local Chinese restaurant, you will marvel at the splendid Summer Palace, the former royal garden, it is the largest and most beautiful Chinese imperial garden.
- Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodations: twin-based room with breakfasts as indicated;
- Meals indicated in the itinerary;
- Personal Beijing local English-speaking tour guide;
- Private transfers with experienced driver between airports, hotels, scenic spots, etc;
- Arrangements: charges of planning, handling, operational and communication.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave Beijing;
- Beijing Entry Visa Fees;
- Optional day tours or activities you’ve chosen;
- Tips & gratitude to drivers and guides;
- Personal expenses;