Beijing Wetland Park
Free for Now
Approx. 2 hours
Nanhaizi Park is the first important ecological project of the South Beijing Plan, which was scheduled in 2009 and includes subway construction, education, medical care, shanty town transformation and ecological transformation
Nanhaizi Wetland Park, located in the south of Beijing and covering 11.65 square kilometers, will be the largest wetland park in Beijing upon the completion of the second phase in 2012. The first phase cost 60 million RMB.
It includes a glade landscape zone, an imperial culture zone, an ecological zone for leisure and a preserve for milu, a species of deer unique to China.
During the Ming and Qing Dynasty, Nanhaizi was a royal garden for hunting, where a wide range of wild animals lived.
Before the construction of the park began, the region had suffered from environmental degradation. Tons of garbage had been poured into ponds scattered around the region. The soil and underground water were also polluted. Therefore, the purpose of the wetland park is to improve the ecological environment, and it will help improve the quality and quantity of underground water.
Around 200,000 new trees have been planted, turning the park into a natural oxygen bar. Visitors to the park also have a chance to meet with some special residents– Milu, a species of deer unique to China.
Location: located in Daxing District, Beijing, along the No.5 Ring Road
Private Beijng Tour Packages
- Half Day Beijing Night Show Tour from US$58
- Half Day Classic Beijing Hutong Rickshaw Tour: Gulou & Local Family from US$80
- 1 Day Olympic Village and Summer Palace Tour from US$86
- 1 Day Beijing Classic Tour from US$39
- 1 Day Badaling Great Wall & Ming Tombs Tour from US$50
- 2 Days Soul of Beijing Tour from US$209
- 2 Days Beijing City Break/Beijing Stopover Trip from US$202
- 3 Days Beijing Essence City Break from US$290
- 3 Days Beijing Essence Tour Package with Hutong Rickshaw from US$326
- 4 Days Classic Beijing Tour Package from US$327
- 4 Days Beijing Classic Tour Package with Hutong Rickshaw from US$333
- 5 Days Experience the Real Traditional Hutong Life from US$445
- 5 Days Beijing Highlights Tour Package with Great Wall Hiking from US$419
- 6 Days In-depth Great Wall Experience Tour from US$598
- 6 Days Discover the Imperial College & Confucius Education from US$499
- 7 Days Beijing Side Trip to Chengde from US$679
- 7 Days Beijing Eco-friendly & Green Adventure Tour from US$564
- 8 Days Beijing Cultural and Historical Immersion Tour Package from US$753