5 Days Experience the Real Traditional Hutong Life
- This price is based on a group (2 to 5 travelers) accommodated in 3-star hotel in shoulder seasons.
- This price is subject to change according your group members and traveling time. Usually lower price with more travelers, higher price in high seasons, and lower in low seasons.
- Tour Code:
- 5 Days & 4 Nights
- Departure Date:
- Available Everyday
- Private tour guide & driver + Private car/van
- On the time-honored land, alive with dynastic relics and fantastic culture, you must be very curious about the way of a traditional Beijinger’s hutong living. Take this tour and you will not only visit the Beijing’s ‘must sees’, but also discover real people, real cultures & incredible real life experiences along the way.
Sample Itinerary Overview
Day 1 Beijing Arrival
Welcome to Beijing! Upon your arrival at Beijing international airport, our guide will meet you and escort you to your hotel. The rest of the day will be your own leisure.
Day 2 Beijing ( B, L )
Today our guide will pick you up at your hotel around 8:00 a.m. Firstly you will visit the world’s biggest city plaza, Tiananmen Square (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace). Then walk to the marvelous “Egg” (the National Centre for the Performing Arts) to take some pictures from its outside.
Subsequently you will move on to the Forbidden City, the most complete imperial palace in China. Afterwards, pay a visit to the Jingshan Park to enjoy the panorama view of the whole Forbidden City and the City of Beijing! After having Chinese lunch, you’ll visit the Temple of Heaven — the largest ancient imperial worship architecture group in the world where the ancient Emperors prayed for peace and harvest. You will be driven back to your hotel after the tour.
Day 3 Beijing ( B, L, D )
Today our tour guide will meet you and pick you up from your hotel around 8:00 am. Then drive to the beautiful Mutianyu Great Wall (80km away from Beijing downtown), it is known for its beautiful surroundings. It is a superb location to appreciate the grandness of the Great Wall as well as to avoid the crowds at Badaling.
After hiking on the Mutianyu Great Wall for about 1 or 2 hours, then move on to the Ming Tombs(Changling or Dingling) and its Sacred Way.
On the way back, you may make a stop at the Beijing Olympic Village to take some pictures of the world-famed “Birds Nest” and the “Water Cube” from the outside. Tonight you will taste the most famous delicious dish in Beijing, Peking Roast Duck. Enjoy yourself! Complete today s tour and driven back to your hotel.
Day 4 Beijing ( B, L )
Firstly, you’ll have a visit to the charming Beihai Park to appreciate the beautiful White Pagoda and the Nine-Dragon Screen. Later you will take a rickshaw to visit the most famous Hutongs keeping the original layout in the Gulou area. During this Hutong Tour You will visit a local family and experience what their life is like. Lunch will be arranged at a local family. If you like, you can learn to cook some Chinese dumplings by yourself.
After lunch, you will move on to the majestic Lama Temple. It is the largest and best-preserved lamasery in Beijing. Then, you will walk 10 minutes to the Confucius Temple – where emperors of the past worshiped Confucius, as well as the Imperial College at Guozijian- an ancient imperial colleague for high-ranking scholars in history. After the tour, our guide will send you back to the hotel.
Day 5 Beijing Departure ( B, L )
Today after breakfast, you will marvel at the splendid Summer Palace, the former royal garden, it is the largest and most beautiful Chinese imperial garden. After the tour, our guide will escort you to the airport for your onward flight back to your home or to your next destination.
Recommended Add-on Options
+ One more day to immerse into Confucius culture and modern art
- Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodations: twin-based room with breakfasts as indicated;
- Meals indicated in the itinerary;
- Personal Beijing local English-speaking tour guide;
- Private transfers with experienced driver between airports, hotels, scenic spots, etc;
- Arrangements: charges of planning, handling, operational and communication.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave Beijing;
- Beijing Entry Visa Fees;
- Optional day tours or activities youve chosen;
- Tips & gratitude to drivers and guides;
- Personal expenses;
Visitors who viewed this tour also viewed
2 Days Soul of Beijing Toursee best of Beijing with less money and time; perfect as a pre/post China or international trip
3 Days Beijing Essence City Breakgreat short city break with airport transfer, enjoy featured Peking Opera ; the ‘golden route’
4 Days Classic Beijing Tourclassic & top-rated route, see the best of Beijing in a hurry-free way
7 Days Beijing Side Trip to Chengderoyal canal cruise ; expedition to the emperor’s second palace: Chengde summer resort