Half Day Classic Beijing Hutong Rickshaw Tour: Gulou & Local Family
- This price is based on a group (2 to 5 travelers) accommodated in 3-star hotel in shoulder seasons.
- This price is subject to change according your group members and traveling time. Usually lower price with more travelers, higher price in high seasons, and lower in low seasons.
- Tour Code:
- Half Day
- Departure Date:
- Available Everyday
- Private tour guide & driver + Private car/van
- Rickshaw around Gulou hutong area and have a true taste of Beijing; visit a local Siheyuan family, have a house-host local lunch, and experience their day life; climb up to the Drum Tower and enjoy a bird view of hutongs and Siheyuans.
Sample Itinerary Overview
Our tour guide will meet you and pick you up from your hotel after breakfast. First you will visit the Drum Tower dating from 1420. Ascending the big Drum Tower, you will have a bird’s eye view of the surrounding communities of Hutongs and Siheyuan from here. And then move on to an ordinary family courtyard home for a tea break. Afterwards, take a rickshaw to visit the most famous Hutongs keeping the original layout in the Gulou area. During this Hutong Tour you will have an opportunity to have lunch in the local family. If you will, you can learn to cook some Chinese cuisines by yourself. Then move on to the Prince Gong’s Mansion. After the tour, you will be returned to your hotel.
Recommended Add-on Options
+ One more day to explore the most classic Beijing imperial sites
+ One more day to hike the most beautiful Mutianyu Great Wall and the tombs of Ming Emperors
- Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodations: twin-based room with breakfasts as indicated;
- Meals indicated in the itinerary;
- Personal Beijing local English-speaking tour guide;
- Private transfers with experienced driver between airports, hotels, scenic spots, etc;
- Arrangements: charges of planning, handling, operational and communication.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave Beijing;
- Beijing Entry Visa Fees;
- Optional day tours or activities youve chosen;
- Tips & gratitude to drivers and guides;
- Personal expenses;
Visitors who viewed this tour also viewed
2 Days Soul of Beijing Toursee best of Beijing with less money and time; perfect as a pre/post China or international trip
3 Days Beijing Essence City Breakgreat short city break with airport transfer, enjoy featured Peking Opera ; the ‘golden route’
4 Days Classic Beijing Tourclassic & top-rated route, see the best of Beijing in a hurry-free way
5 Days Experience The Real Hutong LifeAuthentic experience of real local life, learn more culture about imperial and ordinary families
7 Days Beijing Side Trip to Chengderoyal canal cruise ; expedition to the emperor’s second palace: Chengde summer resort