Beijing Local Snacks: Wangfujing & Qianmen Snack Streets
- Do you want to eat like a Beijing local?
- Have you tasted Beijing snacks during your Beijing tour?
Beijing has a time-honored history of producing various kinds of snacks. With strong flavors, Beijing’s snacks attract almost all visitors.
Typical Beijing snacks include:
- Sticky rice with sweet fillings (Ai Wo Wo,艾窝窝): As white as snow, this delicacy is made of sticky rice.
- Pancakes with sweetened bean paste filling (Douxian Shaobing, 豆馅烧饼): This is a very popular Beijing snack. Crisp outside, they are soft and sweet inside.
- Sticky rice cake with a layer of sweetened bean paste (Qiegao, 切糕)
- Pea Flour Cake (Wandouhuang 豌豆黄 )
- Pastry Made of Soy Bean Flour (Ludagun 驴打滚)
Douxian Shaobing: typical snack of Old Beijing
Ludagun will delight you with its sugary filling, yummy…
Refresh yourself by having a taste of Beijing local snakcs
Eating Beijing Local Snacks in Wangfujing and Qianmen Streets
No matter how busy your schedule is arranged in Beijing, you should never leave without tasting the Beijing local snacks.
Here, we list the top 2 places that are greatly popular among the Beijing locals and foreigners, namely: Beijing Qianmen Street and Wangfujing Street.
Click them to get their locations in Beijing, how to get there, and what other things you can buy there.
Located at the center of Beijing near Tiananmen Square, Qianmen Street, no more than 2 km long, has been a prosperous area for more than 600 years and has accumulated some long-standing stores.
More info >
Wangfujing is now considered as the central heart of Beijing City. It is the first modern-style commercial street in Beijing, about 800 meters long and on two sides of it standing many stores and malls. A walk from end to end would take you about 30 mins, and that’s without looking at any shops and malls.
More info >