6 Days In-depth Great Wall Experience Tour
- This price is based on a group (2 to 5 travelers) accommodated in 3-star hotel in shoulder seasons.
- This price is subject to change according your group members and traveling time. Usually lower price with more travelers, higher price in high seasons, and lower in low seasons.
- Tour Code:
- 6 Days & 5 Nights
- Departure Date:
- Available Everyday
- Private tour guide & driver + Private car/van
- This tour offers you the light of adventurous hiking and exploration on the Mutianyu Great Wall, Jinshanling section connected with the imposing Simatai Great wall, is an ideal destination because it is still keeping its natural state and gorgeous scenery nearby. On this itinerary both of them are combined to show you what a big difference between hiking on Jinshanling and Mutianyu.
Sample Itinerary Overview
Day 1 Beijing Arrival
Welcome to Beijing! After arrival, clear the customs and retrieve your baggage; then meet our tour guide in the Arrival Hall who is holding a sign on which it says your name. Be transferred by your private car/vehicle to your hotel downtown. The rest of the day is free for you.
Day 2 Beijing ( B, L )
Today, first visit the world’s largest city plaza, the Tian’anmen Square; then walk to the marvelous “Egg“, the National Centre for the Performing Arts to take some pictures from its outside; later go to the Forbidden City on foot; and later proceed to the impressive Summer Palace; lastly, enjoy the well-known Peking Opera in Liyuan Theatre of Qianmen Street.
Day 3 Beijing ( B, L, D )
After breakfast, drive to the Mutianyu Great Wall, which enjoys a long history and is part of the glorious culture of China. For lunch you’ll sample some delicious fare in a local restaurant. Afterwards, take a short drive to visit the Sacred Way and Changling. , one of the Ming Tombs. On the return way to your hotel, pay a visit to the Beijing Olympic Village to take some photos of the “Bird’s Nest” and the “Water Cube” from the outside. Feel a little bit tired? Not to worry! We will arrange a foot massage (free of charge) for you. With the well famed Peking Roast Duck you will complete your today’s tour!
Day 4 Beijing ( B, L )
Firstly, enjoy the pleasure of a fantastic panorama of the whole Forbidden City and the city of Beijing from the summit of Jingshan Park; walk to the nearby lying Beihai Park to appreciate the beautiful White Pagoda and the Nine-Dragon Screen; from here you will take a Rickshaw to Shichahai area for a Hutong Tour, which covers the attractions that include the Drum Tower, courtyard neighborhoods and Prince Gong’s Mansion. Lunch will be arranged at a local family, the host will teach you how to make Chinese dishes; and then do some shopping at the Xiushui Silk Market at your own.
Day 5 Beijing ( B, L )
On this day you will be driven to the Jinshanling Great Wall. Climb onto the Jinshanling Great Wall later. After a few hours` hiking drive back to your hotel in the city of Beijing.
Day 6 Beijing Departure ( B )
After breakfast and check-out from your hotel, you will firstly pay a visit to the magnificent Temple of Heaven; after that be escorted to Beijing International Airport to catch your flight to your next destination. On the way to airport you might make a photo-stop at the New CCTV Tower. Have a nice flight!
Recommended Add-on Options
+ One more day to immerse into Confucius culture and modern art
+ One more day to experience the Buddhism culture
- Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodations: twin-based room with breakfasts as indicated;
- Meals indicated in the itinerary;
- Personal Beijing local English-speaking tour guide;
- Private transfers with experienced driver between airports, hotels, scenic spots, etc;
- Arrangements: charges of planning, handling, operational and communication.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave Beijing;
- Beijing Entry Visa Fees;
- Optional day tours or activities youve chosen;
- Tips & gratitude to drivers and guides;
- Personal expenses;
Visitors who viewed this tour also viewed
2 Days Soul of Beijing Toursee best of Beijing with less money and time; perfect as a pre/post China or international trip
3 Days Beijing Essence City Breakgreat short city break with airport transfer, enjoy featured Peking Opera ; the ‘golden route’
4 Days Classic Beijing Tourclassic & top-rated route, see the best of Beijing in a hurry-free way
5 Days Experience The Real Hutong LifeAuthentic experience of real local life, learn more culture about imperial and ordinary families
7 Days Beijing Side Trip to Chengderoyal canal cruise ; expedition to the emperor’s second palace: Chengde summer resort