8 Days Beijing Harbin Winter Tour with Ice and Snow Festival
- This price is based on a group (2 to 5 travelers) accommodated in 3-star hotel in shoulder seasons.
- This price is subject to change according your group members and traveling time. Usually lower price with more travelers, higher price in high seasons, and lower in low seasons.
- Tour Code:
- 8 Days & 7 Nights
- Departure Date:
- Available Everyday
- Private tour guide & driver + Private car/van
- Beijing and Harbin are the best tourist destinations to explore the winter in China. This classic 8 days Beijing Harbin tour package is your ideal itinerary, covering: Tiananmen Square, Temple of Heaven, Great Wall, Forbidden City, Olympic Green, Ming Tombs, Harbin Ice and Snow Festival, Zhaolin Park, and Saint Sophia Cathedral.
Sample Itinerary Overview
Day 1 Beijing Arrival
Welcome to Beijing! Clear the customs and retrieve your baggage by yourself upon arrival, be greeted by our tour guide in the Arrival Hall who is holding a sign on which says your name; transferred by your private car/van to your hotel downtown.
Day 2 Beijing ( B, L )
After breakfast, you will first visit the world’s biggest city plaza, the Tiananmen Square. Subsequently, you could enter the Forbidden City which is the most complete imperial palace in China from the Meridian Gate (south gate). Upon stepping inside, can you imagine how grand the Forbidden City is under the strong contrast of yellow glazed tiles and red wall when the surrounding is showing a soughing chill sight?
Lunch will be arranged in a local restaurant. In the afternoon, you will be transferred to the Temple of Heaven which has been seen as the most holy imperial temple in Beijing as it is the complex where the emperor came every winter solstice to worship Heaven and pray for good harvest. So visit Temple of Heaven in winter you will find other feelings. When finish the day tour, you will return to the hotel.
Day 3 Beijing Great Wall Tour ( B, L )
Today will be a small challenge for you as you will be transferred to the Badaling Great Wall. It may windy in winter, especially on the Great Wall due to its high altitude. But in winter, Badaling Great Wall takes on another charm, especially after the snowfall. It wriggles its way like a silver dragon. The plants and hill are covered with silver clothes. Even without snow, the grand system of the Great Wall plus blue sky and white clouds must attract you.
After a lunch break, you will visit the completely preserved Changling and its Scared Way which is the chief of the Ming Tombs and is the largest in scale.
On the way back to your hotel, you might make a stop at the Beijing Olympic Village to take some photos of the Bird’s Nest and the Water Cube from the outside. Feel a little bit tired? Not to worry! We will arrange a foot massage (free of charge) for you, just relax and enjoy it!
Day 4 Beijing to Harbin by CRH train ( B )
Check out and take the CRH train (China-Railway High-speed) to Harbin. The train will depart at 7:13am and will arrive in Harbin at 4:20pm on which you will experience the speed of modern China. Upon arrival, you will be met by the guide and driver and then be transferred to your hotel for a good rest.
Day 5 Harbin ( B, L )
The guide will meet you at the hotel. Then you will be driven to the Saint Sophia Cathedral in Harbin which is the largest Eastern Orthodox Church in the Far East. It is one of the most magnificent structures in Harbin and was built in 1970 with a height of 53.3 meter. After that you will transfer to the Jile Temple which is the biggest Buddhist building group in Heilongjiang Province. It was constructed between 1921 and 1924. Subsequently, Heilongjiang Provincial Museum will be arranged.
Day 6 Ice & Snow Sculpture Festival ( B )
As the severe the cold, we leave the first half day for you to adjust to get used to the weather. The guide will meet you at the lobby at 1:00pm. In the afternoon, enjoy the Snow Carving Festival in Sun Island which is the biggest recreational center and a highly popular scenic attraction in Harbin. In addition to enjoying the snow sculptures you can also do various winter sports such as skiing, hockey, ice-skating and sledding games by yourself. Subsequently, visit the Zhaolin Park where a hot scenic attraction for the ice sculptures especially the wonderful night view under the illumination.
Day 7 Ice & Snow Sculpture Festival and fly to Beijing ( B, L )
In the morning, you will enjoy the snow sculptures at Ice and Snow World which is by far the largest ice and snow art exhibition in the world. Then depart for the airport and fly to Beijing. Meet your tour guide in Beijing airport and return to your downtown hotel for check in.
Day 8 Beijing Departure ( B )
After breakfast, our tour guide meets you and escorts you to the airport for your flight home or to the next destination. Have a nice flight!
- Bullet Train tickets to Harbin and Flyight ticket from Harbin to Beijing;
- Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary;
- 7 Nights hotel accommodations: twin-based room with breakfasts as indicated;
- Meals indicated in the itinerary;
- Private local English-speaking tour guide;
- Private transfer service;
- Arrangements: charges of planning, handling, operation and communication.
- International flight in/out China;
- China Visa Service;
- Optional day tours or activities youve chosen;
- Tips & gratitude to drivers and guides;
- Personal expenses.