8 Days Beijing Cultural and Historical Immersion Tour Package
- This price is based on a group (2 to 5 travelers) accommodated in 3-star hotel in shoulder seasons.
- This price is subject to change according your group members and traveling time. Usually lower price with more travelers, higher price in high seasons, and lower in low seasons.
- Tour Code:
- 8 Days & 7 Nights
- Departure Date:
- You Choose! Only Available from 15, April to 15, Oct.
- Private tour guide & driver + Private car/van
- Be immersed into the 5000-year Beijing culture and history: The time-honored capital city is alive with dynastic and splendid cultures and history. Delve into the Zhoukoudian Peking man site, explore the confucius culture and modern art, cruise the imperial moat river, etc. Explore Beijing’s cultural and historical diversity in greater depth.
Sample Itinerary Overview
Day 1 Beijing Arrival
Welcome to Beijing! Upon your arrival at Beijing international airport, our guide will meet you and escort you to your hotel. The rest of the day will be your own leisure.
Day 2 Beijing ( B, L )
Today our guide will pick you up at your hotel around 8:00 a.m. Firstly you will visit the world’s biggest city plaza, Tiananmen Square (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace). Then walk to the marvelous “Egg” (the National Centre for the Performing Arts) to take some pictures from its outside. Subsequently you will move on to the Forbidden City, the most complete imperial palace in China. Afterwards, pay a visit to the Jingshan Park to enjoy the panorama view of the whole Forbidden City and the City of Beijing! After having Chinese lunch, you’ll visit the Temple of Heaven — the largest ancient imperial worship architecture group in the world where the ancient Emperors prayed for peace and harvest.
Day 3 Beijing ( B, L, D )
Today our tour guide will meet you and pick you up from your hotel around 8:00 am. Then drive to the beautiful Mutianyu Great Wall (80km away from Beijing downtown), it is known for its beautiful surroundings. It is a superb location to appreciate the grandness of the Great Wall as well as to avoid the crowds at Badaling.
After hiking on the Mutianyu Great Wall for about 1 or 2 hours, then move on to the Ming Tombs(Changling or Dingling) and its Sacred Way. On the way back, you may make a stop at the Beijing Olympic Village to take some pictures of the world-famed “Bird Nest” and the “Water Cube” from the outside.
Tonight you will taste the most famous delicious dish in Beijing, Peking Roast Duck. Enjoy yourself! Complete today’s tour and driven back to your hotel.
Day 4 Beijing ( B, L )
Firstly, you’ll have a visit to the charming Beihai Park to appreciate the beautiful White Pagoda and the Nine-Dragon Screen. Later you will take a rickshaw to visit the most famous Hutongs keeping the original layout in the Shichahai area. During this Hutong Tour You will visit a local family and experience what their life is like. Lunch will be arranged at a local family. If you like, you can learn to cook some Chinese dumplings by yourself.
After lunch, you will move on to the majestic Lama Temple. It is the largest and best-preserved lamasery in Beijing. Then, you will walk 10 minutes to the Confucius Temple– where emperors of the past worshiped Confucius, as well as the Imperial College at Guozijian- an ancient imperial colleague for high-ranking scholars in history. After the tour, our guide will send you back to the hotel.
Day 5 Beijing ( B, L )
Today in the morning, you will firstly go to the Beijing Zoo to visit the lovely Pandas. After that, take pleasure of the Boat Cruise along the Royal Canal (also called Changhe River) to the impressive Summer Palace, the former royal garden, it is the largest and most beautiful Chinese imperial garden.
Day 6 Beijing ( B, L )
Today you will be driven to 798 art zone—an art area which was built in an abandoned factory. Then you will visit one of the modern wonders of Beijing, the new CCTV Tower. Then you will have a stroll along the Central Business District (CBD).
After lunch, head to Gaobeidian Village, the closest ancient village in Beijing. It is now more like an urbanized village than a rustic countryside.
Day 7 Beijing ( B, L )
Today our guide will pick you up from your hotel around 08:30 in the morning. You will be driven to Zhoukoudian Peking man site. The Chinese ape-man, also known as the Peking Man, lived here 690,000 years ago, in the mid-period of Pleistocene epoch. After touring the Zhoukoudian, you will head to the Lugou (Marco Polo) Bridge. The Moon over the Lugou (Marco Polo) Bridge at Dawn named as one of the eight famous sights in ancient Beijing. Then you will visit the Wanping Ancient City – It is on the east of the Lugou Bridge, they were so important on military as the throat of ancient Beijing.
Day 8 Beijing Departure ( B )
Today will be free till your guide will escort you to the airport for your onward flight back to your home or to your next destination.
- Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary;
- 7 Nights hotel accommodation based on twin-based room with breakfasts as indicated;
- Meals indicated in the itinerary;
- Personal Beijing local English-speaking tour guide;
- Private transfers with experienced driver between airports, hotels, scenic spots, etc;
- Arrangements: charges of planning, handling, operational and communication.
- International flights in/out China;
- Beijing Entry Visa Fees;
- Optional day tours or activities youve chosen;
- Tips & gratitude to drivers and guides;
- Personal expenses;
Visitors who viewed this tour also viewed
2 Days Soul of Beijing Toursee best of Beijing with less money and time; perfect as a pre/post China or international trip
3 Days Beijing Essence City Breakgreat short city break with airport transfer, enjoy featured Peking Opera ; the ‘golden route’
4 Days Classic Beijing Tourclassic & top-rated route, see the best of Beijing in a hurry-free way
5 Days Experience The Real Hutong LifeAuthentic experience of real local life, learn more culture about imperial and ordinary families
7 Days Beijing Side Trip to Chengderoyal canal cruise ; expedition to the emperor’s second palace: Chengde summer resort