7 Days Shanxi Tour, Pingyao Tour, Datong Tours
Price per person from $1190
- This price is based on a group (2 to 5 travelers) accommodated in 3-star hotel in shoulder seasons.
- This price is subject to change according your group members and traveling time. Usually lower price with more travelers, higher price in high seasons, and lower in low seasons.
- Tour Length:
- 7 Days & 6 Nights
- Departure Date:
- Available Everyday
- Private Tour Guide + Private Transfer Service
- Trace the history of China by taking this trip. Walk through the time-locked Pingyao, and you'll find yourself wandering in the past as real among those 14th-century Chinese style grey houses mixed with red lanterns. Appreciate Yungang Grottoes, the ancient Chinese Buddhist temple grottoes near the city of Datong.
Day 1 Beijing-Datong
Take the morning flight from Beijing to Datong. Our local guide will pick you up to have a rest in your hotel.
In the afternoon, you'll visit the Chinese No.1 stone carving art---Yungang Grottoes, which are ancient Chinese Buddhist temple grottoes near the city of Datong, Shanxi, and composed of 252 grottoes with more than 51,000 Buddha statues and statuettes. As excellent examples of rock-cut architecture and a UNESCO World Heritage Site made in 2001. Yungang Grottoes is one of the three most famous ancient Buddhist sculptural sites of China (the other two are Longmen and Mogao). Visit the biggest screen---Nine-Dragon Screen as well.
Day 2 Datong-Mt. Wutai (B,L)
In the Morning drive to visit the head of the four Buddhist holy mountains and ten famous summer resort mountains in China --- Wutai Mountain (literally "Five Plateau Mountain"). Visit one of the eight highlights of Mt. Heng---Hanging Temple of Heng Mountain en route, which was built over 1,500 years ago on a cliff and is supported beneath by a few wooden poles, hanging on the side of the Heng Mountain.
Then you will be transferred to Wutai Mountain, it was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The rest of evening is free at your leisure
Day 3 Mt.Wutai (B,L)
Today you will spend full day explore Wutai Mountain, which is home to many of China's most important temples like Nanshan Temple which comprises seven terraces, Xiantong Temple, the marking building of Mt. Wutai ---Tayuan Temple and Pusading Temple etc. In 2009, Mt. Wutai was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
After this visit, have a rest in your hotel.
Day 4 Mt. Wutai-Taiyuan-Pingyao (B,L)
After breakfast you'll be transferred to Pingyao via Taiyuan. On the way there you will visit Jinci Temple, located at the foot of the Xuanweng Mountain to the southwest of Taiyuan. It is China's largest garden-style temple architecture and one of the most important historical relics.
Then move on to visit Qiao's family compund, which was the residential house of the well-know financier Qiao Zhiyong of Qing Dynasty. The Compound gained its renown not only for its large scale but also for the exquisite craftsmanship reflected in the brick carving, woodcarving and murals.
Upon your Pingyao arrival, transer to your hotel.
Day 5 Pingyao-Xi'an (B,L)
Today, tour the world cultural heritage --- Pingyao Ancient City, boasting a history of over 2,700 years. Pingyao City Wall, Shuangxiu Temple and Zhenguo Temple are the three Key National Protected Relics in Pingyao, and in 1997, it became a UNESCO’s World Heritage Site for its well-reserved urban landscape of China's Ming (1368-1644) and Qing (1644-1911) dynasties.
This evening board your soft sleeper overnight train from Pingyao to Xi'an.
Day 6 Xi'an (B,L)
Arrive in Xi'an in the early morning, transfer to your hotel in downtown.
After having breakfast there, you will be transferred to visit the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses. After lunch move on to visit Wild Goose Pagoda. The rest of the day is free at your leisure.
Day 7 Xi'an-Departure (B,L)
After breakfast pay a visit to the Ancient City Wall where you can rent a bike to bike around the wall. Afterwards you will visit Bell Tower and Square. Enjoy a lunch at a local famous restaurant, then visit the Shaanxi History Museum and the Grand Mosque till it's time to transfer to airport for your flight.
- Domestic flight economic class tickets Beijjing-Datong fares with taxes and fees;
- Overnight Train from Pingyao-Xi'an;
- Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary;
- 5 Nights accommodations: twin-based room with breakfasts as indicated;
- Meals indicated in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private transfers Service;
- Arrangements: charges of planning, handling, operational and communication.
- International flights in/out China;
- China Visa Service;
- Service that is not mentioned above;
- Tips and personal expenses;
- Travel insurance.