7 Days Beijing Side Trip to Chengde
Price per person from $679
- This price is based on a group (2 to 5 travelers) accommodated in 3-star hotel in shoulder seasons.
- This price is subject to change according your group members and traveling time. Usually lower price with more travelers, higher price in high seasons, and lower in low seasons.
- Tour Length:
- 7 Days & 6 Nights
- Departure Date:
- Available Everyday
- Private tour guide & driver + Private car/van
- Beijing side trip to Chengde - an out of ordinary itinerary, taking you to explore the Chengde summer resort, which was the second palace of Emperors spending their summer vacations here. Besides, a boat cruise to Summer Palace is a spotlight of this tour.
Day 1 Beijing Arrival
Welcome to Beijing! Clear the customs and retrieve your baggage by yourself upon arrival, be greeted by our tour guide in the Arrival Hall who is holding a sign on which says your name; transferred by your private car/van to your hotel downtown. The rest of the day is your own time.
Day 2 Beijing ( B, L )
Today you will first visit the world's biggest city plaza, the Tian'anmen Square; then walk to the marvelous "Egg" (National Centre for the Performing Arts) to take some pictures from its outside; subsequently, go to the Forbidden City, the most complete imperial palace in China; and later proceed to the impressive Temple of Heaven. After the sightseeing tour driven back to your hotel.
Day 3 Beijing ( B, L )
Today's full-day excursion will take you to the majestic Badaling Great Wall, the Ming Tombs and its Sacred Way; On the way back to your hotel, make a stop at the Beijing Olympic Village to take some pictures of the world-famed "Bird`s Nest" and "Water Cube" from the outside. Feel a little bit tired? Not to worry, we will arrange a foot massage service (free of charge) for you. Just relax and enjoy it! Return to your hotel.
Day 4 Beijing ( B, L )
Firstly drive to Beijing Zoo to say good morning to the lovely Giant Pandas; then take pleasure of the Boat Cruise along the Royal Canal (also called Changhe River) to the impressive Summer Palace, the former royal garden, just like what the emperors used to do; during this boat cruise you'll appreciate the Five-Pagoda Temple and the very beautiful Purple Bamboo Park.
Day 5 Beijing/Chengde ( B, L )
In the morning, our local guide will escort you to Beijing Railway Station and you'll leave for Chengde by train (about 250km, 4 hours). Upon arrival at Chengde, be met and transferred to hotel. The tour in this afternoon will bring you to the brilliant and idyllic Imperial Summer Villa.
Day 6 Chengde/Beijing ( B, L )
In the morning appreciate two of the Eight Outer Temples in Chengde: the Puning Temple (Big Buddha Temple) and the Putuozongcheng Temple (Less Potala Palace); after lunch travel back to Beijing by train (13:30 - 17:48); be welcomed at railway station and escorted to the hotel.
Day 7 Beijing Departure ( B )
Enjoy your free time at leisure till your guide meets and escorts you to the airport for your flight home or to the next destination.
Recommended Add-on Options
+ One more day to immerse into Confucius culture and modern art
Today after breakfast, you will firstly move on to the majestic Lama Temple. It is the largest and best-preserved lamasery in Beijing. Then, you will walk 10 minutes to the Confucius Temple- where emperors of the past worshiped Confucius, as well as the Imperial College at Guozijian- an ancient imperial colleague for high-ranking scholars in history.After having typical Chinese lunch, you will be driven to 798 art zone—an art area which was built in an abandoned factory.
- Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodations: twin-based room with breakfasts as indicated;
- Meals indicated in the itinerary;
- Personal Beijing local English-speaking tour guide;
- Private transfers with experienced driver between airports, hotels, scenic spots, etc;
- Arrangements: charges of planning, handling, operational and communication.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave Beijing;
- Beijing Entry Visa Fees;
- Optional day tours or activities you’ve chosen;
- Tips & gratitude to drivers and guides;
- Personal expenses;
Visitors who viewed this tour also viewed
2 Days Soul of Beijing Toursee best of Beijing with less money and time; perfect as a pre/post China or international trip
3 Days Beijing Essence City Breakgreat short city break with airport transfer, enjoy featured Peking Opera ; the 'golden route'
4 Days Classic Beijing Tourclassic & top-rated route, see the best of Beijing in a hurry-free way
5 Days Experience The Real Hutong LifeAuthentic experience of real local life, learn more culture about imperial and ordinary families