5 Days Beijing Highlights Tour Package with Great Wall Hiking
- This price is based on a group (2 to 5 travelers) accommodated in 3-star hotel in shoulder seasons.
- This price is subject to change according your group members and traveling time. Usually lower price with more travelers, higher price in high seasons, and lower in low seasons.
- Tour Code:
- 5 Days & 4 Nights
- Departure Date:
- Available Everyday
- Private tour guide & driver + Private car/van
- Get an all-around impression of Beijing: Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Olympic Sites and Ming Tombs are the classic sites and must-sees, which stand for the imperial capital city. In addition, a Hutong rickshaw tour will take you to experience the real local family life style and the folk culture.
Sample Itinerary Overview
Day 1 Beijing Arrival
Welcome to Beijing! Upon your arrival at Beijing international airport, our guide will meet you and escort you to your hotel. The rest of the day will be your own leisure.
Day 2 Beijing ( B, L )
Today our guide will pick you up at your hotel around 8:00 a.m. Firstly you will visit the world’s biggest city plaza, Tiananmen Square (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace). Subsequently you will move on to the Forbidden City, the most complete imperial palace in China. Later you will take a rickshaw to visit the most famous Hutongs keeping the original layout in the Shichahai area. During this Hutong Tour You will visit a local family and experience what their life is like.
Then ascending the big Drum Tower, you will have a bird’s eye view of the surrounding communities of Hutongs and Siheyuan from here. Driven back to your hotel after the whole day tour.
Day 3 Beijing ( B, L )
Today our tour guide will meet you and pick you up from your hotel around 8:00 am. Then drive to the beautiful Mutianyu Great Wall (80km away from Beijing downtown), it is known for its beautiful surroundings. It is a superb location to appreciate the grandness of the Great Wall as well as to avoid the crowds at Badaling.
After hiking on the Mutianyu Great Wall for about 1 or 2 hours, then move on to the Ming Tombs(Changling or Dingling) and its Sacred Way. After the tour, you will be driven back to your hotel.
Day 4 Beijing ( B, L )
Today after breakfast, you will marvel at the splendid Summer Palace, the former royal garden, it is the largest and most beautiful Chinese imperial garden. After having Chinese lunch, you will proceed to the Capital Museum. It is a large modernized comprehensive museum that reflects the past and present of Beijing in terms of history, construction, folk customs, and culture. On the way back to your hotel, you may make a stop at the Beijing Olympic Village to take some pictures of the world-famed “Bird’s Nest” and the “Water Cube” from the outside. Later you will be taken to Beijing Liyuan Theatre to enjoy the Beijing Opera. Enjoy your evening time!
Day 5 Beijing Departure ( B, L )
Today after breakfast, you’ll visit the Temple of Heaven — the largest ancient imperial worship architecture group in the world where the ancient Emperors prayed for peace and harvest. After the tour, our guide will escort you to the airport for your onward flight back to your home or to your next destination.
Recommended Add-on Options
+ One more day to immerse into Confucius culture and modern art
+ One more day to experience the Buddhism culture
- Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodations: twin-based room with breakfasts as indicated;
- Meals indicated in the itinerary;
- Personal Beijing local English-speaking tour guide;
- Private transfers with experienced driver between airports, hotels, scenic spots, etc;
- Arrangements: charges of planning, handling, operational and communication.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave Beijing;
- Beijing Entry Visa Fees;
- Optional day tours or activities youve chosen;
- Tips & gratitude to drivers and guides;
- Personal expenses;
Visitors who viewed this tour also viewed
2 Days Soul of Beijing Toursee best of Beijing with less money and time; perfect as a pre/post China or international trip
3 Days Beijing Essence City Breakgreat short city break with airport transfer, enjoy featured Peking Opera ; the ‘golden route’
4 Days Classic Beijing Tourclassic & top-rated route, see the best of Beijing in a hurry-free way
5 Days Experience The Real Hutong LifeAuthentic experience of real local life, learn more culture about imperial and ordinary families
7 Days Beijing Side Trip to Chengderoyal canal cruise ; expedition to the emperor’s second palace: Chengde summer resort