2 Days Mutianyu Great Wall and The Schoolhouse
- Tour Code:
- 1 Day ( Hiking: 2 hours )
- Departure Date:
- You Choose ( Best time: Summer & Autumn )
- Private tour guide & driver + Private car/van
- Mutianyu Great Wall is considered the most beautiful section in Beijing. Here the mountains are densely covered by verdant plants and tall ancient trees. In golden autumn, the maple leaves with their bright shades are truly amazing.
Every year, a garden party (1, Oct-7, Oct for 2010) is usually held here, aiming to bring more abundant travel joys to visitors. Therefore, you’ll not only enjoy the excitement of hiking, but also enjoy the sights of festive bonfires, performances in ancient costumes and other entertaining programs.
Sample Itinerary Overview
Day 1 Beijing ( L, D )
After breakfast, our tour guide will pick you up at your hotel then drive to Mutianyu Great Wall one and a half hours away. Mutianyu section is famous for its beautiful surroundings. As one of the best-preserved parts of the Great Wall, it used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs.This section of the Great Wall is comparatively smoother than most of other sections. You will hike the Mutianyu Great Wall for 2-3 hours. If you want to reach the highest point, cable car is a good choice ( optional ).
After get down from Mutianyu Great Wall, then head to the Schoolhouse by the Great Wall. Enjoy a romantic lunch here.
The Schoolhouse was Mutianyu’s primary school until it was consolidated years ago. Owner Jim Spare took up a challenge from the mayor to give something back to the village. Now it has been rebuilt into a unique resort.They hire and train people from local area, support other village businesses, souce ingredients locally. The location and surroundings are very unique being almost at the foot of The Great Wall. The menu is a balance of western and local chinese influenced dishes all using fantastic fresh local produce. The food are fantastic sanitary.If you want to experience the local flavor, you’ve come to the right place.
After lunch, you may learn the art of glass making and watch the glassblowers in action in the courtyard. You will be amazed by the rich varity of the glass exhibits in their art room.
After wataching the glass art, then check in at the country side house. It is the luxury of simplicity and it has been as one of the top 5 hotels in China in 2009 by Wild China.
Day 2 Beijing ( B, L )
After breakfast, you are free in the morning. You may roam leisurely in the countryside and experience the local rural life.
Check-out at noon and transferred back to your midtown hotel in Beijing.
- Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodations: twin-based room with breakfasts as indicated;
- Meals indicated in the itinerary;
- Personal Beijing local English-speaking tour guide;
- Private transfers with experienced driver between airports, hotels, scenic spots, etc;
- Arrangements: charges of planning, handling, operational and communication.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave Beijing;
- Beijing Entry Visa Fees;
- Optional day tours or activities youve chosen;
- Tips & gratitude to drivers and guides;
- Personal expenses;
Visitors who viewed this tour also viewed
2 Days Soul of Beijing Toursee best of Beijing with less money and time; perfect as a pre/post China or international trip
3 Days Beijing Essence City Breakgreat short city break with airport transfer, enjoy featured Peking Opera ; the ‘golden route’
4 Days Classic Beijing Tourclassic & top-rated route, see the best of Beijing in a hurry-free way
5 Days Experience The Real Hutong LifeAuthentic experience of real local life, learn more culture about imperial and ordinary families
7 Days Beijing Side Trip to Chengderoyal canal cruise ; expedition to the emperor’s second palace: Chengde summer resort