1 Day Make Dumplings in a Local Siheyuan Family
- This price is based on a group (2 to 5 travelers) accommodated in 3-star hotel in shoulder seasons.
- This price is subject to change according your group members and traveling time. Usually lower price with more travelers, higher price in high seasons, and lower in low seasons.
- Tour Code:
- 1 Day
- Departure Date:
- Available Everyday
- Private tour guide & driver + Private car/van
- Learn to cook Chinese food with the tourists from all over the world in a Cusine School and share the food you’ve cooked together; Making dumplings with the hostess of a Hutong Siheyuan family from food market to tables;
Sample Itinerary Overview
After breakfast, picked up from your hotel then head to Beijing Cuisine School then start the cooking lesson. Learn to cook with the Chinese students. The teachers will teach you how to cook the real Chinese food step by step and one-on-one. You will cooperate with the other students from all over the world and have the lunch that you cooked together.
After lunch, head to one of the branches of the century-old traditional Daoxiangcun Foodstuffs Store. Historically, the store cooked light snacks for the royal family or governmental officials in the Qing Dynasty. But today it has become a famous brand to all Chinese, well-known for its Chinese pastries, candies, cooked meat, and fast-frozen food.
Then visit Hutong by rickshaw. Through the hutongs’ teeming maze of alleys, you will see the old courtyard houses and learn about the daily life of ordinary Beijing citizens. Visit one of the local families and learn how to make dumpling with the housewife. Dumpling is a typical Chinese food and can be dated back two thousand years ago. Also you will visit a local Fruit & Vegetable Market. It is a food market where local people come to purchase vegetable, meats, fruites, spices and other life necessities that make Chinese cooking special.
After the day tour, escorted to return to your hotel in Beijing.
Recommended Add-on Options
+ One more day to explore the most classic Beijing old city
+ One more day to hike the most beautiful Mutianyu Great Wall and the tombs of Ming Emperors
+ One more day to experience a real Hutong life and an intimate contact with Giant Panda
- Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals indicated in the itinerary;
- Personal Beijing local English-speaking tour guide;
- Private transfers;
- Arrangements: charges of planning, handling, operational and communication.
- Beijing Entry Visa Fees;
- Optional day tours or activities youve chosen;
- Tips & gratitude to drivers and guides;
- Personal expenses;